Decking and Restol™
Decking and terracing are sometimes made from durable wood sourced from the tropics. This application requires a rather special approach for Restol™ Wood Oil.
- Ensure that the wood is dry and free of dust. To ensure that the wood is dry, we recommend not treating it until six months after installation.
- With aged wood, ensure that all previous coatings and other debris have been removed first.
- Apply the first coat of Restol™ Wood Oil all over, i.e. including the underside and in between the planks.
- Apply Restol™ Wood Oil in two thin coats.
- Annual maintenance will be required.
Our special Hardwood Brown and regular Brown colours are the best ones for this application.
Back to Special types of Wood